Swan Hill Regional Library
The Swan Hill Regional Library provides services to the second largest area in Victoria, via a main branch library in Swan Hill, a mobile library service, and three branches in neighbouring Wakool Shire (NSW). The friendly local staff with over 80 years of combined library experience welcome you to visit and join the service.
The Library enjoys a membership of over 35%, and has an average of 300 visitors per day, so please come along and have a look at the wide range of services available. The service features a collection for loan of over 85,000 items including books, magazines, DVDs, videos, music CDs and specialised items such as video training kits.
As a member you will enjoy:
- Free membership for residents in the municipalities serviced.
- The help of friendly and knowledgeable staff who can assist with your recreational, educational and personal improvement needs.
- Online catalogue of all items for loan that be searched from the comfort of home by clicking here .
- Internet access with six computers available for public access.
- Dedicated children’s area featuring Saturday Story Time and other child focused activities.
- Access to Meeting Room.
- Access to inter-library loan network.
- Home Library Service for those unable to visit personally (contact Library for more information).
- Plenty of comfy chairs for quiet reading.
- Access to our word processing computer, Local History collection and research room and toilets with baby-changing facilities.
- State of the art Mobile Library service with over 8,000 items for loan, visiting 17 townships each fortnight.
The Swan Hill Library is located at the northern end of Campbell Street, and the bright, spacious facility is open:
Monday 10am - 5.30pm
Tuesday 10am - 5.30pm
Wednesday 10am - 5.30pm and evenings 7pm - 8.30pm
Thursday 10am - 5.30pm
Friday 10am - 5.30pm
Saturday 10am - 12noon (features Storytime at 11am)
For Mobile Library visit days and times, please call the Library on (03) 50362480 or the Mobile Library on 0419 329 147.