The Swan Hill Region Skilled Migration program aims to attract and retain skilled migrants to the Swan Hill region, in order to help address the skilled labour shortage. The program does not compete with local people for employment, but rather is intended to attract skilled migrants to fill immediate shortages where no other options, or limited options exist.
The program complements existing Economic Development services by:
- Identifying skills shortages in the region.
- Establishing sustainable relationships between businesses and skilled migrants to enable the fulfilment of skill shortages.
- Perform the duties as the Regional Certifying Body for the Swan Hill Region
- Providing information and advice to employers and business in relation to the employment of skilled migrants.
- Providing links between newly arrived skilled migrants and support services to help ease migrants and their families into our local community.
How we can help employers
- Provide information and engage in one on one site visits or workshops regarding skill migration.
- Engage in referrals to Department of Immigration and Citizenship Regional Outreach Officer to assist with the sponsorship process.
How we can help migrants
- Provide New Resident Kit and information on accommodation, health and education services.
- Assistance for spouses of skilled migrants also looking for work or assistance with other settlement matters.
- Links to other professional and social support services.
Skilled Migration Coordinator on (03) 5032 3033 or email