The Special Rate and voluntary funds raised by Swan Hill Inc are distributed between Industry Sector committees and a general marketing and promotion fund. Each industry sector receives a portion of the money raised from the members of their Sector.
Although this figure may vary at the discretion of the Main Board, 60% of the money raised by Swan Hill Inc is allocated to the general fund and the remaining 40% allocated to each Industry Sector.
Although the money is allocated to individual committees, the Board still has the final say on how the funds are to be spent. Each year the Industry Sector Committees must prepare a budget on how their allocated funds are to be spent the following year, prior to the May Board meeting.
At this meeting, the Board either approves or amends the Industry Sectors’ budgets. The approved budgets are then collated into one marketing plan and budget to be presented for Council’s approval prior to June to ensure the funds are available from the Council on 30 September each year.
Previous Retail Activities:
Previous Industrial, Trade and Professional Service Industries Activities: